Search This Blog

Monday 3 February 2014

TWO-FER!

I'm sitting on the bus in an aisle seat, minding my own business. There's a woman standing in the aisle beside me but facing the other direction. There's some space between me and her, maybe half a person's worth. Then more people start getting on the bus. It's not full, but we're near the front so people getting on the front door want to move past us. Apparently, standing girl was oblivious to how much space was behind her, because she just stood there as people tried to get around her. Now I can hardly blame the people getting on the bus for repeatedly attacking my head with their backpacks or elbows; no, I blame standing girl for not doing what she should have done and what everyone else was trying to do and (sing it with me...) MOVING TO THE BACK OF THE BUS!

Luckily, I wasn't even finished typing this post when I got to take out my aggression on some dimwit who didn't understand escalators. I realize it must be hard to figure out what to do when everyone in front of you who is standing on the escalator has moved to the right. I'll give you a hint: the answer is not "stand on the left side of the escalator". A lesson which I imagine he learned rather quickly when I "accidentally" bumped into him from the back and then the side as I passed him on the right trying to walk up the escalator.

No comments:

Post a Comment